Railway History Research
The purpose of the Railway History Research Group is to provide a service to members who are involved in researching railway history from the start of the first steam-hauled passenger service onwards – and to encourage those who aspire to do so – by providing a forum in which they can seek information, try out ideas and disseminate information of potential value to fellow researchers.
The Group does this by circulating papers of various different types including:
• Notes & Queries: queries on matters that members are investigating and notes on material that may be of interest to other researchers, also including responses to previously published queries/notes
• Sources: articles about research resources
• Reprints: articles of general interest originally published in relatively little known sources
• Occasional Papers, including work in progress, draft papers and kite-flying
Click here to view the latest Newsletter index
- for details of how to obtain reprints of articles and other items referenced in the Newsletter please contact the group co-ordinator – see below.
Click here to view a sample Newsletter
Use this link to view the Railway History Research Group Members Pages
The group co-ordinator is Andrew Jones, email address: email@example.com.